Sunday, November 9, 2008

Continued HDR Study | Melissa


1. This is the original image that Holly captured and ran through Aperture for RAW processing. Once that was finished, she brought it into Photoshop for retouching.  This is the image I began with.


2. From the original, I created three versions with different exposures of 1.5 stops difference, then merged them to create an HDR image.  I also pulled the color level down to mute the overall palette of the image.


3. Here I've applied tone mapping and monochrome noise to produce a gritty look.



4. In the final version of the image, I began by selectively painting with light, followed by dodging and burning.  Last, I brought the saturation of her skin tones up to produce a glow.



It's important to note that this is not my image.  It was shot by my girlfriend, Holly James, at my sister's wedding in October this year.  She asked me to try to produce an effect she had in her mind, and this is the result of my effort.

-ryan

create.inspire.live

No comments: