Friday, November 21, 2008

Portrait Study | Painting with Light



This shot resulted from a shoot Holly and I collaborated on to create a movie poster similar to the new posters in theaters advertising "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", directed by David Fincher.  Holly snapped the shutter, and I processed it in post.  I threw a lot at this image to get it where I envisioned it being.  I started with the RAW file and went directly into Photoshop.  The workflow went like this:  Color-correction, retouching, removed the reflections in my glasses, LOTS of dodging and burning, painting with light, applied monochrome noise, overlayed a golden tone on a new layer, then a brown tone on another layer, then applied a deep yellow photo filter to a copy of the background layer.  Finally, I ran a smart sharpen command on the overall image, then did some selective sharpening to finish it out.  I really dig the results!

-ryan

create.inspire.live

No comments: